Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Firefox 3.5.1 Revisited...(Mandriva, Redhat 5)

So you came across the latest Firefox and planned to run it on your machine.
You downloaded the latest version and you try to run it and an you face with this error...


./firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


To avoid that just run the following copy command.

#cp /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.0 libdbus-glib-1.so.2

After that when u run it again it will show the following error:

./firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So you have copy that file too, just run the following command.

#cp /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.0 libdbus-1.so.3


now run your Firefox....
Happy browsing..
If you face any error you know very well where to comment...

3 comments:

  1. Hello zreeku, I am not very skilled with linux but I am trying to learn something..well, I was trying to install firefox 3.5.7 and my shell displayed right this error message. Unfortunately when I typed the second command I made a mistake and I wrote cp /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libdbus-glib-1.so.3..then I have renamed it as ****.so.2 but I don't know if I did a proper thing..
    The last command: cp /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.0 libdbus-1.so.3
    I have no file libdbus-1.so.0 is this possible?where am I doing wrong?please help me!!..thank you very much :) ale5bu

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ale5bu,

    I hope you have done those installations in the right procedure. If yes then you will find the libdbus-1.so.0 in /usr/lib/. Probably you may have gone wrong. BTW which linux flavour are you using. If it REDHAT or Mandriva or Mandrake i can provide you that file manually.

    Zreecu..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zreecu,

    I am also facing the same issue.
    Device: SLES11-64bit
    I am not able to find /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.0 in my system
    santosh-test-142:~/Desktop/firefox # ls /usr/lib/libdbus*
    /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2 /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3 /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libdbus-qt-1.so.1
    /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3: /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2 /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.3 /usr/lib/libdbus-qt-1.so.1.0.0

    Then trying copy with other files, but still I am not able to launch, i got some new error
    santosh-test-142:~/Desktop/firefox # ./firefox
    ./firefox-bin: symbol lookup error: ./libxul.so: undefined symbol: g_slice_set_config
    santosh-test-142:~/Desktop/firefox #

    /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.0

    ReplyDelete